The spring rains have brought the green of life to northeast Ohio. The birds are chirping, squirrels are scampering and I saw my first Monarch butterfly a few days ago (and the mosquitoes seem to still be sleeping!). What a wonderful time to just get out for a walk, a run, a ride, or a sit and soak up the beauty and freshness of God’s creation!
The biggest event for this month… just grab your family and go outside, you can hardly go wrong. From a path or a nature center in the Metroparks, to a (now empty) school playground, to just playing catch in the yard, this is a great season to just get outside and enjoy life together.
For many it also means a summer vacation, or at least an extended weekend, which allows some time out of the day to day routine to think about purpose and direction. Are things heading in a meaningful direction? Are we seeking and walking with God? What are some changes to make, or some victories to celebrate? Life, like the spring, passes so fast. Let’s make the most of it!
To that end, here are some events to get out, reflect, and just invest time together!
- 5/30-6/1 Teach Them Diligently Conference in Columbus (RSVP, $)
- Teach Them Diligently 365 another option for encouragement if not attending the conference
- 6/1 Home Depot Kids’ Workshop Putting Green @ 9-12
- 6/1 Summer Reading Program starts at all Cuyahoga County Public Library branches
- 6/1 Bible Bee Summer Reading starts (RSVP, $)
- 6/2 Recorder Concert @ Berea Branch @ 2 p.m. (RSVP)
- 6/8 Parade the Circle @ University Circle
- 6/9 Monthly Kite Flying day @ Edgewater Park @ 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- 6/10 Archers homeschool Book/Curriculum Sale at Grace @ 6-9 p.m.
- 6/14 Living Word Outdoor Drama first show
- 6/17 Art, Color & Design @ Berea branch @ 7 p.m. (RSVP)
- 6/18 Stevens Puppets Present The Wizard of Oz @ Berea Branch @ 2 p.m. (RSVP)
- 6/21 Enjoy the longest Friday of the year!
Other events that are not specific to this month
Ongoing Events (Some may have different schedules this month. Call to confirm.)
- Metroparks – this is an amazing season to get out and enjoy beauty from nature (whether on a trail, at a nature center or other event)
- Be a Junior Ranger in the National Park
- Library Events & Storytimes (Cuyahoga Library, Cleveland Library)
Weekly Recurring Events (Some may have different schedules this month. Call to confirm.)
- Cleveland Museum of Art Art Storytime – Sat 11-11:30 a.m.
- Free Citizenship classes @ Grace Church – Sunday, 4:30pm
- Free ESL classes @ Grace Church – Sunday, 6 p.m.
Monthly Recurring Events (Some may have different schedules this month. Call to confirm.)
- Home Depot Children’s Workshop – 1st Saturday
- Volunteers of America thrift store half price day – Last Tuesday
- Monthly Homeschool Events at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History ($$$, RSVP)