We feel it has been a very mild winter (you may disagree :o). A few days of very cold, a few days of snow, but overall not bad (unless you were looking forward to more snow activities). Well March is here, so we may get a few more big snows yet, but any snow now is just swinging through to say “Good-bye” as winter turns into spring. God has created such beautiful seasons, and we are grateful for the opportunity to experience each of them.
So if it does snow, perhaps you can head out for a family time of sledding (best sled riding hills) or stay in for a family game night. Either way, we can be grateful for the changing beauty that God has created.
Here are some other events that you may enjoy during this month of March.
- 3/2 Home Depot Children’s Workshop – Clock tray @ Strongsville
- 3/2-3/17 (weekends) History of Maple Sugaring @ Rocky River Reservation
- 3/3-3/10 Global week @ Grace Church more event details here
- 3/6 Go Week – International Worship night & kids on mission @ Grace Church 7 p.m.
- 3/7 Preschool: Senses @ Canal Way Center (register online)
- 3/7 Folded Book Art @ 7-8 p.m. Berea Library (or March 8, 10-11 a.m.)
- 3/9 A Seuss-a-palooza Celebration @ Berea Library 2-3:30 p.m.
- 3/13 Explore Light and Shadows with preschoolers @ 7-7:45 p.m., Strongsville Library
- 3/16 Tales Around the Necklace: Children’s Story Hour @1-2 p.m. West Creek Reservation
- 3/17 Leprechaun hunt @ Canal way (register by phone needed, free?)
- Cleveland’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade, theme: Irish churches
- 3/20 Family Game Night @ Strongsville Library
- 3/28 Camp Magic @ 4-5 p.m. Brookpark Library
- 3/29 Fun with Fairytales @ 2-3 p.m., Berea Library
Other events that are not specific to this month
Ongoing Events (Some may have different schedules this month)
- Metroparks – enjoy the winter season and beauty from the nature (whether on a trail, at a nature center or other event)
- Be a Junior Ranger in the National Park (assuming the government shutdown ends)
- Library Events & Storytimes (Cuyahoga Library, Cleveland Library)
Weekly Recurring Events (Some may have different schedules this month)
- Cleveland Museum of Art Art Storytime – Sat 11-11:30 a.m.
- Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) classes – Sept.-April
- Free Citizenship classes @ Grace Church – Sunday, 4:30pm
- Free ESL classes @ Grace Church – Sunday, 6 p.m.
- Art experience (Various Cuyahoga libraries: including Brookpark) – Fridays, 4:00-5:00PM
Monthly Recurring Events (Some may have different schedules this month)
- Home Depot Children’s Workshop – 1st Saturday
- Ladies Latte – 2nd Monday
- Moms Uplifting Moms (MUMS) – 2nd Thursday
- Volunteers of America thrift store half price day – Last Tuesday
- Monthly Homeschool Events at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History ($$$)